Student Accommodations Add-ons
Google Add-ons are extra tools that extend the use of Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides. These “add on” functionality to those programs. Add-ons are installed within each application. Google Add-ons can be found in the Google Workspace Marketplace in the browser or linked in the "add-on" Tools menu in . Typically add ons will be installed through the Google App that you are working in (ie..Slides, Docs, etc)
STUDENT ACCOMMODATIONS Add-ons
- BeeLine Reader - Makes it easier to read & stay focused when reading by applying a color gradient to the page text to guide your eye from one line to the next. Also removes ads and other distracting items. **Limit of 5 articles per day for free version. (See video for more info.)
- Google Dictionary - Allows users to double-click on any word to get a pop-up definition, as well as spoken pronunciation for many words.
- Fluency Tutor for Google - Makes reading aloud more fun and satisfying for students who need extra support (especially struggling or reluctant readers, and ESL students).
- Open Dyslexic - Overrides all fonts on a webpage and makes the text more easily readable. (See video for more info)
- Read Aloud - Reads either the entire page or just the text you have selected. Options are available such as adjusting the speed/pitch of voice and many voices available to choose from. (See video for more info)
- Read & Write for Chrome - Offers a range of support tools to help students gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research. Teachers can get a free premium subscription for free with this link.
- Reverso - A translator and dictionary (typically more accurate than Google Translate)
- Speak It - Reads selected text using text-to-speech technology with language autodetection (can read in over 50 languages)
- Talk & Comment - Make voice notes and comments on any site by recording your voice from the widget inside of the browser and paste the generated voice link anywhere you want. (See video for more info.)
- Visor - Screen overlay tool that darkens out the page except for a horizontal band you can move up & down as you read, helping student focus.
- Voice In Voice Typing - Adds speech-to-text typing when not in Docs (ie..when completing a Google Form quiz, entering a search bar, etc.).